Shoreline Rotary is comprised of professionals who are leaders in their fields including public sector, education, private sector, and nonprofit organizations. We encourage all who are committed to serving others to consider membership in Rotary International.
It all starts when you attend one of our meetings at Shoreline Community College every Wednesday morning at 7:00 o’clock. You will meet lots of engaging people and join us as we laugh and have fun with each other. After you’ve visited a time or two, you’ll know if we’re the right club for you.
If you do not have a sponsor who invited you to our club, we’ll find a sponsor for you. From there, here’s what the new member process looks like:
- Complete the Rotary membership application specifying business classification, other affiliations and areas of interest. Submit this application to the Membership Committee chairperson who you will have met at one of our meetings.
- The board of directors approves your membership application to enter the process.
- Membership in our club is notified for two consecutive weeks about your application.
- Pay the initiation fee of $50 and your first month’s dues and meals, or $72.
- On a predetermined date, you will be inducted as a member with full rights and privileges in Shoreline Rotary.
- Attend an orientation meeting.
- Give a 15-minute presentation to Shoreline Rotary (at a later date) about your life and profession.
Once you become a member of Shoreline Rotary, these are the general expectations of membership.
- Pay your membership dues and meal fees in a timely manner.
- Maintain a minimum attendance of 60% of the weekly meetings. “Make-ups” are encouraged and can be earned by participating in any other Shoreline Rotary activity or meeting, or by attending the meeting of another club.
- Participate in community service projects that the club undertakes.
- Help identify and recruit other qualified prospective Rotarians.
- Participate, whenever possible, in social functions, termed “fellowship.”
- Believe in and practice the Four Way Test:
- Is it the Truth?
- Is it Fair to all Concerned?
- Will it Build Good Will and Better Friendships?
- Will it be Beneficial to all Concerned?
Rotary International (RI) is a service organization with a rich tradition of Service Above Self. Your interest in becoming a member of Shoreline Rotary shows your commitment to the quality of life in your community and the world. We know you will find the experience rewarding. If you have any questions about membership, please contact us via the form below.